Wednesday, April 24, 2024
Google search engine
HomeChhattisgarhBijapur encounter: Bodies of 13 Naxalites recovered so far...

Bijapur encounter: Bodies of 13 Naxalites recovered so far…

play icon Listen to this article

Bijapur: After an encounter with Naxalites on Tuesday in Naxal-affected Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, security forces recovered bodies of three more Naxalites on Wednesday morning. In this incident, till now the security forces have recovered the bodies of 13 Naxalites including one woman. Police officials gave this information.

Police officials said that an encounter took place with Naxalites on Tuesday morning in the forest of Lendra village under Gangalur police station area of ​​Bijapur district. During this, the security forces recovered the bodies of 10 Naxalites including a female Naxalite. The search operation continued in the area. When the area was searched this morning, bodies of three more Naxalites were recovered.

In another incident on Tuesday itself, a soldier of the Cobra battalion of the Central Reserve Police Force was injured after being hit by a pressure bomb planted by Naxalites in the district. He said that after receiving information about Naxalite activity in Gangalur police station area, security forces were sent for anti-Naxalite operation on Monday. The team included personnel from the District Reserve Guard (DRG), Special Task Force (STF) and Cobra battalion of the Central Reserve Police Force.

Police officials said that when the team was in the forest of Lendra village, at around 6 am on Tuesday, the Naxalites started firing on the security forces, after which the soldiers also retaliated.

Police officials said that after firing from both sides for some time, the Naxalites fled from there. Later, when the spot was searched, the bodies of first four Naxalites were recovered and later during the search, six more bodies were found at the encounter site. When the area was searched this morning, bodies of three Naxalites were recovered. Security forces have so far recovered bodies of 13 Naxalites.

He said that the security forces have recovered an LMG automatic weapon, a 303 rifle, a 12 bore gun, a large number of weapons and explosives from the spot. Many Naxalites are likely to be injured in the encounter.

Officials said that after the encounter, additional forces have been sent to the spot and the search operation is still going on in the area.

Police officials said that the slain Naxalites are being identified. Prima facie it seems that the slain Naxalites were members of Company No. 2 of the PLGA (People's Liberation Guerrilla Army) of the Maoists.

Another police officer said that meanwhile, a security force soldier who was out on an anti-Naxal operation on Tuesday was hit by a landmine and injured.

He told that during the operation, when the security forces were near Mudavendi village under Gangalur police station area, a soldier of CRPF's Cobra battalion stepped on a pressure bomb, due to which the bomb exploded and the soldier was injured. The jawan has sustained injuries on his legs and has been admitted to the hospital.

Naxalites intensify their activities every year during the summer season between March and June. During this period, there have been a large number of attacks on security forces in Bastar region.

According to the police, earlier on March 27, security forces had killed six Naxalites in an encounter in Basaguda area of ​​Bijapur. Bijapur district is in Bastar Lok Sabha constituency where voting will be held in the first phase on April 19.

RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -
The Uncut

Most Popular