Jammu and Kashmir: Terrorist killed in encounter, soldier martyred, six security personnel injured

The Uncut

Jammu/Chhindwara/Hiranagar. A terrorist hiding in a border village in Jammu and Kashmir’s Kathua district was killed by security forces on Wednesday in an operation that lasted more than 15 hours. During this, another terrorist was also killed. However, a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) jawan also sacrificed his life in the encounter. Officials gave this information.

According to officials, two senior officers escaped safely during the operation that began on Tuesday night after two terrorists were spotted in Saida Sukhal village. However, their vehicles were hit by bullets. Officials said that late Tuesday night, terrorists attacked a joint check post in the upper area of ​​Chatargala on the Bhaderwah-Pathankot road in Doda district, in which five soldiers of the National Rifles and a Special Police Officer (SPO) were injured. Traffic on the highway has been stopped due to the operation to search for the terrorists.

These incidents have taken place amid heightened security measures after the attack on a bus carrying pilgrims from Shiv Khodi temple in Reasi to Katra on Sunday. In this attack two days ago, the bus fell off the road into a deep gorge, in which nine people were killed and 41 people were injured.

The police has announced a reward of Rs 20 lakh for information about the whereabouts of the terrorists involved in the bus attack and has also released a sketch of one of the terrorists. Officials claimed that terrorist activities have increased in the Jammu region due to Pakistan’s efforts to disturb the peaceful atmosphere in Jammu and Kashmir.

Officials said that the second terrorist was killed in a joint operation by the police, army and CRPF on Wednesday afternoon in Saida Sukhal village of Kathua near the international border. They said that around 3 am on Tuesday night, the terrorists opened indiscriminate fire to break the security cordon in the village. CRPF jawan Kabir Das was seriously injured in the firing. Kabir Das was a resident of Madhya Pradesh. They said that the jawan was taken to the hospital, where he died during treatment.

During the operation, the vehicles of Jammu Samba Kathua Range Deputy Inspector General of Police Sunil Gupta and Kathua Senior Superintendent of Police Anayat Ali Chaudhary were hit by several bullets but the officers escaped safely. Additional Director General of Police, Jammu region, Anand Jain, while sharing information about the operation in Saida Sukhal village of Kathua, said, “Two terrorists who had recently infiltrated (from across the border) appeared in the village around 8 pm (Tuesday) and asked for water from a house. People got scared and as soon as the information was received, a police team immediately reached the village.” Additional Director General of Police said, “A terrorist tried to throw a grenade at the police team but he was killed in the encounter.” Officials said that both the terrorists killed are said to be Pakistanis.

He said that a large quantity of arms, ammunition and cash worth more than Rs 1 lakh was seized from the encounter site.
Officials said the identity of the terrorists and their group is being ascertained. They said a civilian was also injured in the firing by the terrorists, who was admitted to the hospital on Tuesday night.

Officials said that in Doda, terrorists opened fire on a joint post of 4 Rashtriya Rifles and police in Chatargala area on Bhaderwah-Pathankot road late Tuesday night, after which an encounter started and continued for several hours. They said that five soldiers of Rashtriya Rifles and a special police officer were injured, who were taken to the hospital.

Officials said additional security personnel have been sent to the area to intensify the operation against militants.
According to officials, the traffic movement on the Bhaderwah-Pathankot interstate highway has been completely stopped in view of the ongoing search and cordon operation in Chatergalla, Guldandi, Sarthal, Shankh Pader and Kailash mountain range. Without naming Pakistan, Anand Jain said that the enemy neighboring country always tries to disturb the peace in the Jammu region.

Last rites of MP jawan killed in terrorist encounter in Jammu and Kashmir on June 13

Family members of Kabir Das, a Central Reserve Police Force jawan who laid down his life fighting terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir’s Kathua area, said on Wednesday that he had returned to duty eight days ago after completing his leave. Family sources told reporters that Das’s body will be brought to his native village Pulpul Doh under Bichhua tehsil of Chhindwara district on Thursday for cremation. A family member said, “Kabir Das was married four years ago. He had returned to duty eight days ago.”

Kathua Terror Attack: A major terrorist attack was averted due to the alertness of the villagers

An alert villager of Saida Sukhal village in Kathua averted a major tragedy when he alerted locals about armed terrorists in time and informed the police about their presence. Surinder, who was present in the village at the time of the attack, said, “I spread the news about the presence of terrorists in the village, which averted a major tragedy. Many children were playing and people were out walking. They (terrorists) could have easily killed 15 to 20 people, mostly children. People were going for a satsang in the evening. It could have been terrible.”

Surinder, who was returning to the village on his motorcycle, encountered armed terrorists. The terrorists asked Surinder for water, after which he became suspicious of their behavior. After this he alerted the villagers. Surinder said, “It was around 7:30 or 7:45 in the evening. I was on my bike when a child told me about two armed youths in the village. I saw them dressed in black and with AK rifles. They were calling me near them. I suspected that they were terrorists and I told the villagers about it, after which they immediately fled to their respective homes. Shops were closed and vehicular movement was stopped.” He said, “Moments after I alerted, the terrorists started firing. They fired several bullets, which injured a local man in the shoulder and then there was an explosion.” Surinder immediately informed a member of the District Development Committee, who reported the incident to the police. The police arrived immediately and one terrorist was killed while the other escaped.

He said, “Thank God for giving timely information.” Surinder said, “If the terrorists had come during the day, the situation could have been worse because there is a crowd in the morning. There was firing again at 3 am late night, in which a CRPF officer was martyred.” There is an atmosphere of fear among the villagers due to this terrorist attack. They believe that the terrorists must have crossed the security fence of the Border Security Force (BSF) and infiltrated through a tunnel. Trilok Chand, who lives in the village, said, “Now there is a fear of infiltration. Such incidents have not happened in this area for a long time. It is close to the international border. The government should ensure tight security.”

Share This Article
Leave a comment