Home Chhattisgarh Korba: Two children died after eating spoiled food, five members of the family admitted to hospital.

Korba: Two children died after eating spoiled food, five members of the family admitted to hospital.

0
Korba: Two children died after eating spoiled food, five members of the family admitted to hospital.

Korba. Two minor siblings died due to suspected food poisoning in Chhattisgarh's Korba district on Sunday, while five other family members, including their parents, are undergoing treatment at the district hospital. This information was provided by the police. An officer said that this incident took place in Gidhauri village of Urga police station area.

The official said that according to preliminary information, Shravan Kumar, his wife Rajkumari, their three children Devvrat, Ananth (6), and Amrita (3) and two other children of the family had roti with tea around 9 am. The officer said that he started vomiting and his condition deteriorated.

He said, “All of them were admitted to the district hospital where Anant and his sister Amrita died during treatment.” He said that the police team collected samples of bread, tea and other food items for testing. “The doctors treating the family suspect that they fell ill due to food poisoning,” the officer said. Police have registered a report of accidental death and investigation is underway. Korba MP Jyotsna Mahant reached the hospital and expressed condolences on the death of both the children.