Home Chhattisgarh Six Naxalites carrying reward of Rs 14 lakh killed in encounter with security personnel in Bijapur

Six Naxalites carrying reward of Rs 14 lakh killed in encounter with security personnel in Bijapur

0
Six Naxalites carrying reward of Rs 14 lakh killed in encounter with security personnel in Bijapur

Bijapur. Security forces have killed six Naxalites, including two women Naxalites, in an encounter in the Naxal-affected Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh. Police officials gave this information on Wednesday. Police officials said that the security forces have also killed Punem Nagesh, deputy commander of Maoist platoon number 10, in this incident. Nagesh is accused of being involved in several deadly attacks on security forces.

Inspector General of Police of Bastar region Sundarraj P said that security forces have killed six Naxalites, including two female Naxalites, in an encounter that took place in the forests on the banks of Talperu river near Chippurbhatti village under Basaguda police station area. Sundarraj said that the District Reserve Guard (DRG), Central Reserve Police Force and its elite unit CoBRA (Commando Battalion for Resolute Action) were involved in the operation.

He told that when the team reached the banks of Talperu river near Chipurbhatti village of the area at 8 am today, the Naxalites of Platoon No. 10 started firing on the security forces. After this the security forces also retaliated. The police officer said that after the firing for about an hour, when the security forces searched the spot, bodies of six Naxalites, including two female Naxalites, and a huge quantity of weapons and explosives were recovered from there.

He told that Naxalites of Platoon No. 9 and 10 of Maoists were involved in the killing of three civilians near Basaguda during Holi festival on Monday. The Inspector General of Police said that along with the dead bodies of the Maoists, the security forces recovered from the spot a carbine gun, a factory-made 9 mm pistol, a country-made 9 mm pistol, a 12 bore gun, a loaded gun, 10 live cartridges of a self-loading rifle, two tiffins. Bombs, gelatin sticks, cardex wire, electrical wires, Maoist bags, medicines and items of daily use were recovered.

Sundarraj said, “With this incident, 37 Naxalites have been killed in separate encounters in Bastar region since December last year.” Bijapur Superintendent of Police Jitendra Kumar Yadav said that the killed Naxalites were identified as Punem Nagesh, his wife Vetti Soni (30), Aaytu Punem (28), Sukka Oyam (40), Nuppo Moka (30) and Kovasi Gangi (27). It has been done in the form.

Kumar told that Nagesh was active as the deputy commander of PLGA Platoon No. 10 of the Maoists. Punem Nagesh and his wife Soni were members of the same group and had a bounty of Rs 5 lakh and Rs 2 lakh respectively on their heads. He told that Gangi was a member of the area committee of Maoists and there was a reward of Rs 5 lakh on her head. The police officer said that Oyem was appointed as the Small Action Team Commander and Moka as the Militia Section Commander.

He told that Punem Ayatu was active as a member of PLGA Platoon Number and there was also a reward of Rs 2 lakh on his head. Yadav said that the slain Naxalites were involved in several Naxal incidents including that in Tekalgudiam (in Bijapur) on April 3, 2021. 22 soldiers were killed and more than 35 others were injured in the Telkamgudiyam incident.

He said that many other Naxalites were reported injured in the encounter and the search operation is still going on in the area.
Naxalites launch Tactical Counter Offensive Campaign (TCOC) during summer between March and June and intensify their offensive activities. During TCOC, there have been a large number of attacks on security forces in Bastar region. According to the police, the Naxalites suffered heavy losses in Wednesday's encounter. Their prominent members have been killed in this incident. Voting will be held in Bastar Lok Sabha constituency on April 19 in the first phase of the general elections to be held in three phases in the state.

The bodies of the six Maoists recovered have been primarily identified as follows:-

1. Nagesh Punem, PLGA Platoon No. 10 Deputy Commander, reward Rs.05 lakh

2. Vetti Soni, Platoon No. Member of 10 (Nagesh's wife) Prize Rs.02 lakh

3. Kovasi Gangi, Area Committee Member/CNM President, Prize Rs.05 lakh

4. Aaytu Punem, PLGA Platoon No. 10 members, prize money Rs.02 lakh

5. Sukka Oyam, Small Action Team Commander, reward Rs. 01 lakh

6. Nuppo Moka, Militia Section Commander, reward Rs.01 lakh

◼️ Carbine – 01 no., 9mm pistol – 02 no., 12 bore gun – 01 no., loaded gun – 02 no., wireless set of Maoists, items of daily use etc. have been recovered from the spot.*

◼️Deputy Inspector General of Police Dantewada Range Mr. Kamlochan Kashyap, Incharge Deputy Inspector General CRPF (Bijapur) Mr. Vikas Kataria, Superintendent of Police Bijapur Mr. Jitendra Yadav and senior officers of CRPF, Cobra, District Police Force are continuously monitoring the search operation.

◼️Inspector General of Police, Bastar Range Shri Sunderraj P. told that the results of working with better coordination and strategy in the past days by the local police force and the central paramilitary force in order to take effective action against the banned and illegal CPI Maoist organization. So far in the year 2024, bodies of 32 Maoists have been recovered after the encounter, apart from this, 167 Maoists have been arrested and 116 Maoists have surrendered. Intelligence-based anti-Naxal operations will continue regularly to curb the anti-people and non-human violent activities of the Maoists, which will not only protect the life and property of the people of Bastar region but will also ensure better peace, security and overall development in the region. Environment can be created.