T20 WC Final 2024: India won the T20 World Cup for the second time, defeated South Africa by 7 runs in the final

The Uncut

T20 WC Final 2024 : Today the title match of T20 World Cup 2024 was played between India and South Africa. India has won the championship by remaining undefeated. India won the toss and decided to bat first and scored 176 runs for seven wickets in 20 overs. In response, the South African team could score only 169 runs.

Virat said- last T20
Virat Kohli has said after the match that this is his last T20 World Cup. He said- This was my last T20 World Cup, this is what we wanted to achieve. One day you feel like you can’t run and it happens, God is great. It was a situation like now or never. This was my last T20 match playing for India. We wanted to lift that cup. Nothing that I was not going to announce, even if we lost. Time to take the T20 game forward for the next generation. It has been a long wait for us waiting to win an ICC tournament. You look at a player like Rohit, he has played 9 T20 World Cups and this is my sixth World Cup. He deserves it.

India won the T20 World Cup
India has won the T20 World Cup title for the second time. In the final played in Barbados, Team India defeated South Africa by seven runs in a thrilling match. Winning the toss and batting first, India scored 176 runs losing seven wickets in 20 overs. In reply, South Africa could score only 169 runs losing eight wickets in 20 overs. With this win, India has ended the 11-year ICC trophy drought. India had earlier won the Champions Trophy in 2013. At the same time, India has won the T20 World Cup after 17 years. It has won a World Cup after 13 years. India had won the ODI World Cup in 2011.

India turned the match around in the 17th over. By 16 overs, South Africa had scored 151 runs for four wickets. Miller and Klaasen were at the crease then. South Africa needed 26 runs in the last 24 balls. After this, Hardik dismissed Klaasen in the 17th over and gave only four runs. In the 18th over, Bumrah dismissed Jansen and gave two runs. Arshdeep gave four runs in the 19th over. South Africa needed 16 runs in the last over. Hardik dismissed Miller on the very first ball. Rabada scored four runs on the second ball. Rabada took one run on the third ball. Maharaj took one run on the fourth ball. The next ball was wide. Hardik dismissed Rabada on the fifth ball. One run came on the last ball and India won by seven runs.

Share This Article
Leave a comment
Home
Discover
Saved
User